Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well, today is my 42nd birthday and I am so pleased. Now, if you believe that there's a decent bridge for sale in Brooklyn blah, blah, blah. But, I do see no real reason to give accurate birthday numbers when fudging is just as easy.

Today, the husband and I are going to begin our rather large but fun painting party. We are painting our entire first floor from a very grayed, cool toned taupe to a gorgeous warm cream color called, linen white from Benjamin Moore. I can't wait for the transformation to begin. Then, when the birch flooring is installed in October things will really begin to emerge as lovely. Because of my recent weeks/months of horrible depression and anxiety it is thrilling to begin feeling the first pangs of design and creative juices stirring within me again. Funny as this sounds, I actually thought that the gift of creativity and interior design that comes from God was on loan or something and that it would dry up ad go away when I stopped using it. Hah! It feels tremendous to be back in the design saddle again and going after the things that make me truly happy inside...like picking out wall color paint, redesigning a room, and just plain redecorating a room to make it look and feel completely different and much more vibrant than ever before. And as my BFF says, God will never take this skill away from me, it just gets stronger the longer and more I use it. Doing a strong interest inventory test in one of the first things I make the girls I mentor complete prior to them working with me long term. It is so important to know. I could have become an anchor woman too! Now that really would have been a riot. But, don't sell me short yet. I would love to be a crime reporter so I may show up on the 6pm KARE 11 news yet, covering murder, domestic violence and more mayhem, you never know!! But, I digress, as soon as the rooms really start to unfold expect pictures to begin arriving on this blog o sphere.

Let's see what else is going on. Had a great time texting away with the BFF yesterday and we'll most likely be at it again today. If you are a woman who does not have a female BFF it's certainly time to get a move on in that department. There's something about talking and connecting with another woman that is beyond anything I get with the husband and he is also my best and closest friend. Women, however, have the uncanny ability to connect with each other in a completely different manner and it is truly God's gift to us. I am sure it is the same with men, too. Mitch is getting ready to begin an all men's spiritual meeting on Friday mornings and talk. There's no drum beating or chest thumping or anything going on, they simply meet and discuss men stuff and not over a football game. Very interesting stuff....yeah, right. I do think it would be a hoot to be a fly on the wall somewhere in that room though. If sex really is what men think about the majority of the time what else besides money do they have to discuss? Hmmm, certainly something to ponder.

I am also hoping that birthday presents swing into the neighborhood of the Egyptian Musk variety. I almost always get this particular musk from Body Time in Berkely but their last batch was not good nor was it consistent to what I have experienced with them for the nearly 30 years I have shopped with them. This musk and their patchouli oil are very, very good perfume oils. Go to:: bodytime.com for a complete list of what they have to offer. I have shopped there since the 70's and still love that company.

Happy Birthday to ME!! Hah. Hope you all have a great day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment