Thursday, September 2, 2010

Early Morning Riser This Morning

Greetings and Good Morning::

At the ripe early hour of 3:30am I was awoken to a rip rousing thunder storm and it woke me out of a deep sleep. About an hour later I couldn't get back to sleep so down stairs I came, turned on the pot of coffee and got out the ice packs and heating pad and began my morning, which is how I wake up every morning! What a riot. However I typically wake up at 5:30 am not 4. Yuck.

Anyway, today I have been thinking about how grateful I am for living fully in the present moment. Nothing is as pressing, horrible or debilitating when I am simply operating from my one current moment of time. I also went for a walk yesterday again using my new handy-dandy lumbar brace support. I am over joyed to be able to go walking after a nearly 4-5 month hiatus at being able to do so. It doesn't make my hips feel great, but what it does for my mind is beyond my ability to communicate. It feels so good having endorphins kicked out during a walk. It's amazing how one can feel it happening.

Today it is a physical terrorist day. I have been going to the same PT guy since my hip replacement nearly five years ago and he is truly a life saver. I am feeling strong and healthier than ever and it a direct result of PT religiously. Mike Ripley is his name and his establishment is OSI Physical Therapy here in Minnesota. The man is an amazing healer and gives me grief when I need it and compassion when I need it, keeping me well rounded and on track. Getting ready for the fusion surgery has required two days a week in his office and daily activities that he maps out for me. Very nice. He is awesome.

Okay the husband has just woken up so we are going to talk and drink coffee....more later.

Cheers.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment