Friday, March 11, 2011

Pink + Green = Healing

Who Knew Pink + Green Were The Colors of a Healing Heart?

A couple of weeks ago I went back to see Maureen Higgins from Wings of Freedom, a body/mind therapist and body healer. I had seen her several months ago and at that time she informed me of blockages in my hip area (no kidding), well, actually, lets start at the beginning. Maureen's process is talk then chakra work on the table. While I was laying on the table, Maureen went through each one of my chakras and told me specifically what was wrong with each of them and what I could do about moving the negative energy out of my body to make way for the new positive healing energy that would take its place. She wrote the entire process down on paper and gave me guidelines and homework to do to help myself and my body do some much needed healing and moving of blocked energy.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. During my sessions with Julia it became very apparent that I needed another session with Maureen to remove some additional blockages that I could now feel surrounding my hips. This is always were I store negative, anxious, toxic energy and as it builds I am now in tune enough with my body to know when I need to move that energy out of my body and how to do that effectively using tools Maureen provided for me. I made another appointment with her and was excited for the day to arrive.

I made it to my appointed day and time and delivered the first half of our session with talk therapy and told her specifically were I was physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I told her a bit about some of the work I had been doing with Julia and that I felt like I had some blocks that was hindering my ability to move and that I had also taken a near fall on some ice a couple of days prior to my appointment with her, which had lead to a loosened hip cap on my titanium side. We are watching this area to see if it tightens up on its own or if I have done some permanent damage. What I do know is that if I am on my feet too long that hip joint becomes extremely unstable and I have no choice but to get off of it. So, with all of this information she puts me on the massage table and proceeds with the physical portion of our session.

As she moves her hands over each of my chakras she has much to say about each, this time extremely positive. Much of the negative energy that so effected me at my first session has left my body or is on its way out. Her exact words were "the old baggage is moving out right now and you are healing." I was thrilled. Remember when I mentioned that during the first session she had seen holes in my heart where the painful mistakes and issues of the past were still weighing heavily on my spirit and my physical body making me severely depressed and full of negative energy? Well, at this session she said those holes had healed completely and that I had done a beautiful job of helping myself heal spiritually since the heart is so associated with God. And get this::

I am not exactly sure if I mentioned this in a past blog or not but I have been obsessed with the colors pink and green. I thought this was due to my mother because they were her favorite colors, however, this was not the case it was purely mine. I went looking for pink shades of nail polish, and lipstick. Blouses, skirts, scarves. I even purchased at $60 a crack, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in the two different pink palettes. They are gorgeous by the way! And I even went so far as to find a pair of glasses that have pink frames where the glass is and green sides that wrap to the ear. I was determined to see my 2011 through rose colored glasses and finding those glasses was nothing short of a miracle in my book.

But the astonishing and miraculous reward of my inner yearning for pink and green is what those colors are associated with in the body. Pink is the color of emotional healing of the heart and green is the color of physical healing of the heart. So, getting better in these two areas kindled my inner desire for those two colors. We both could not get over this fact and my action to get as much pink and green around me as possible. Now, how amazing is that, I ask you? My heart has healed and my wardrobe has never been so pink! Hah!! Eventually I will probably get over my need for all this pink and green and balance myself out, but for right now, I call this a miracle of the spirit and a God-thing. My glasses I will never give up because they give me immense joy in wearing them daily. I see my world in pink and I love every minute of it.

So, this is my story of healing mind and body and spirit today. I am going to hope that I purchase no more pinks or greens today because I am ready to release my need for them and honor my ability to heal. I have done a great job of trusting God and accepting exactly where I am today with no more fighting about it. The boxing gloves came off and I relaxed. Through that process I learned how to trust God completely and for everything, especially healing of my broken heart. I am making progress that I never dreamed possible and am doing so at God's pace not mine. I am exactly where I am supposed to be today. Thank you God!

Blessings during this Lenten season.

Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment