Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inner Confidence/Self Assurance

Being True To Yourself

Have you ever had a friend in your life who suddenly decides that he/she knows what's best for you in any given circumstance and then proceeds to inform you of their opinion(s) on what you should do. I have my own answers and I do not need anyone else giving me theirs and so it is quite bothersome when another person spews out their opinions while totally dismissing the fact that I might know my self better than they think they know me, period.

Well, I have a situation brewing like this and I know what to do, I just don't want to do it. I want to say, I love you as my friend, but you need to back off trying to be my parent, I already have one of those. I don't need you telling me what to do because I already know what to do. I don't need you to do anything except be my friend and have fun with me when we go out and do things together. I don't do a lot of talking about myself and my situations in life because I chose to keep some things close to the vest and only tell a few select people, who are deeply close to me, what is going on in my life. And, if I need help in matters I reach out to these people, not to people that I don't know as well. The people I turn to I have known for well over 15 years and these women are my rocks. I trust them with my life, literally.

I know this person is thinking that they are helping, but it doesn't work that way. Opinions freely given are not acceptable. When requested they are acceptable. Interesting how that works. So, I must voice my concern and hopefully develop a better relationship as a result by telling the truth to a friend. When this happens friendships grow or they go. One of the two. We shall see what happens.

I am finding my voice and my voice comes from within me and is powerful. This is a fantastic thing.

Now, on another note, my home is coming together just beautifully and I will need to start attaching pictures onto my blog so you can see just what has been taking place here. It is amazing as I find emotional strength my home becomes my sanctuary. Just as I had hoped it would. Thank you, God! What a wonderful blessing.

xxxooo Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment