Friday, October 1, 2010

TGIF!!

Everyday is a Blessed Day!

As some of you know, about four years ago I finally honored my desire to become a Catholic and went through the RCIA classes and was confirmed into the church at Easter Vigil Mass with Father LeVoir (now Bishop LeVoir) at St. Michael's in Stillwater, Minnesota. I had wanted to be Catholic from as far back as I can remember because the Episcopalian religion never spoke to my heart as the Catholic church did.

One of the most influential Catholic personalities to me was Mother Angelica (and of course, Mother Teresa) but for a number of years Mother Angelica had her own TV program on the EWTN station while I was living in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I recall listening to her and getting such powerful identification and the information she discussed about faith and trust was so wonderful and calming to me just at a time when I needed it most. It is often very amusing to me when people so often go up into their minds to "think" about connecting with God and it has been my experience that thinking has nothing to do with finding God. It actually gets in the way since it is still such a part of our ego and ego blocks the entry of God. But, again, I digress.

Yesterday I picked up a book on Mother Angelica and was reading it before bedtime last night. It is a book on her private personal prayers and the way she prayed. She was an amazing pray-er and so many years of doing it makes her an expert in my book. Anyway, I thought I would write her morning prayer here, on this blog, in case anyone wants to read it daily like I do::

At The Start of the Day::
Prayer in the Morning

Good morning Jesus. I want to give You this day with all my love. I want to unite my every thought and action with every thought and action of Your earthly life. Help me to be kind and patient. It looks like a difficult day--a day of decision and I'm not sure of the right course to take. A day of pain and I feel weak, a day of uncertainty and I tend to lose hope. Don't let me forget Your Abiding Love and Providence today. Walk beside me and when I hesitate put Your arms around me and steady my faltering steps. Guide me in Your paths and give me that assurance that comes with Faith; Faith in Your Promises, Faith in Your Love.

Have a blessed and peaceful day and weekend.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment