Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Texas + My Health

Hello kind readers. My cat Lily is currently climbing all over me, which makes writing on the computer a little difficult, but so much fun and loving.

I am still not over this darn respiratory illness but keep listening to my body for its inner promptings. Yesterday it was sleep. I slept three solid hours yesterday afternoon. I had no more dropped my husband off at the airport than I went home, ate lunch, and fell asleep for three hours. Unbelievable! But my wonderful doctor Jane Wilkens once told me that I can think what ever I want but my body will call the shots and there's nothing I can do about it. No truer words were spoken.

My mother-in-law let me know that I had not written a blog in quite some time so I apologize for not being more prolific in my blog writing. I do love it and I am starting to realize that you do too, kind readers. The topic of my blog this month is going to center on Fredericksburg, Texas and the Texas Hill Country in general. It is by far and away the most fantastic place on the planet. I think I have hinted at this as a topic for some time, but really feel a yearning to write about it now. I haven't been down there in a long time and my soul misses the place!! I will write about the Benini's, Russ Thayer, great Texas residential architecture, retail in Fred, my dear friends the Ridley's, and how I came to love this place in Texas so very much.

So, I hope you will enjoy getting to know the Benini's and their sculpture ranch on Lyndon B. Johnson's old hunting lodge and property in Johnson City, Tx. Their home is the old huntint lodge and is absolutely gorgeous and full of smatterings of Benini's colorful and visionary work. The quonset hut on the property is where President Johnson housed all his hunting gear and the Benini's have instead created a fantastic art gallery with the space. I must admit I would much rather see the works of Benini and other artist's than see a bunch of ATV's and such. But, it is always personal preference!

Okay, I will get going on finding the right pictures to highlight this area of Texas and my next blog will be on health matters.

Cheers and stay warm...it is awful here in Minnesota and my poor body sure feels it!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment