Friday, November 5, 2010

More Morning Musings

Walking Dogs in the Forest! What a Concept + Privilege!

I can't begin to tell you the last time I walked my dogs in the woods. It seems like it has been an eternity, but today is the day. I can't go one more day without a walk in the woods and taking one last long look at the beautiful leaves, listening to their crunch underneath my feet, and watching my dogs galloping along in front of me. Or at least, one is in front (Jack) and one is behind (Remy), it makes for interesting walking believe me. However, I will strap on my corset aka back brace and walk like the wind! I can hardly wait.

Your prayers were extremely appreciated and as a family we were given the best news possible. Very early detection, so very curable rate. It doesn't get much better than that I can assure you! I know prayer works just like I know meditation works. Calming my energy down takes work, discipline and willingness and so I do it anyway. Doing things I don't want to do is the key to everything. It is the key to growth and change for me. It is how one builds character I think. So, when my natural inclination is to go warp speed, consciously slowing myself down is work. Hard work at that. Changing oneself is difficult work, but so worth it in the end. Now I am working on the TM version of silent meditation. I practiced twice this week. I wasn't able to manage every day, but that's not the point. I am not going to judge, I am just going to do. Today will be another day I will say I do. I also do walking meditations, which are equally delightful and fulfilling. I simply take off my rosary bracelet and get after it. Very easy and very mindful. I love doing that just about as much as I am beginning to enjoy TM. My BFF turned me on to it as she has been practicing for well over 20 years and finds it extremely beneficial. So, I am going to learn how to control my negative warp speed emotions and only let the positive energy get released. Such a difference it makes.

So, that's my day in a nut shell. I have had excellent news in my family, which makes me very happy inside. I am slowly learning how to control my negative busy energy, and replacing it with calm, assertive energy. Like Cesar the dog dude. Hah! What a hoot. But I have to say, the guy is on to something. Maybe I can make millions of dollars teaching people how to be calm and assertive. Hmmm....I will just need a few collars and a couple of leashes.....

Enjoy this gorgeous day and check in!

Be Inspired + Move Forward

1 comment:

  1. Love your writting. What a wonderful visual I got of you enjoying those woods with the boys.
    Another wonderful thing is eventually I will get to do what you do.
    Blessed life.Thank you Robin!

    ReplyDelete