Sunday, January 9, 2011

Design Fun


Well, Mitch and I went shopping for rugs to put down over our gorgeous hardwood flooring and I got exactly what I wanted. I am in love with textiles from Southern Asia like, Kazakstan, Bhutan, and Uzbekistan. After brightening the walls and adding brightening flooring I was able to purchase these gorgeous area rugs that add such warmth to our living room and the kitchen. This picture is an example of where I am headed design-wise. It goes unbelievably well with my Hans Wegner dining set and woven chair. I will now add a picture of the rug in the kitchen which love so much. It has added dimension to the room that was quite unexpected but very much welcomed. Here goes.... So. the one of the left is in the kitchen and the one on the right is in the living room. Lovely no???

A special thank you to my in laws for their generosity over Christmas. You know what I mean...

I will keep the design coming as we get more and more accomplished. This is so much fun!! I miss designing so I am thrilled to be at it again. The next purchase will be shelving for all my books. Wait until you see what I am doing there. It will be surprising and lovely.

Cheers! Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment